*Para el siguiente cuidador semanal en español, haga clic aquí *
Announcement #1 A Message from the Head of School
Dear BSA Caregiver Community,
I hope this note finds you well. I have a few important updates for you this week:
- Last week was the first week of virtual instruction. We are proud to report 88% of BSA students have signed on, and we are aiming for 100% participation.
- As a reminder, all students must sign into Google classrooms every day.
- The CHAMP model has returned! This week your child was assigned an adult staff member as a mentor. There will be weekly meetings between students and champs. The job of a champ is to support students with all elements of education at BSA including calling caregivers with updates, advising on college and career, and supporting students with academic needs.
- As of now BSA still plans on launching our Hybrid Model on October 5th if there are any changes, we will alert you as soon as we are made aware.
- If your child is having any challenges accessing their online Google classroom profile or their coursework, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately at ContactBSA@Broomestreetacademy.org or contact Mr. Peralta directly and he will get you in the right person’s hands to support your needs.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, our staff is here for you!
Have a great week,
Head of School
Announcement #2 Rosh Hashanah, Friday September 18th
Reminder: There will be no classes for BSA students on Friday, September 18th in observance of Rosh Hashanah. Online classes will resume on Monday September 21st, 2020.
Announcement #3: Electronic Distribution
We have begun the process of distributing electronics to students for remote learning. If your student is in need of a electronic device, please contact Mr. Gomez at RGomez@broomestreetacademy.org
Announcement# 4: Family Income Inquiry Form
Please help the school raise money by filling out the Family Income Inquiry Form. All parents, regardless of income, must still complete a School Meals Form so that our schools get access to federal funding for various programs and others. Please complete the form online at www.myschoolapps.com as soon as possible. When prompted during application for “School”, our school code is 84M522.