Save the Date:
- October 5th – School Closed | Yom Kippur
- October 6th at 6:00 PM Parents/Caregivers, meet your student’s teachers at Virtual Curriculum Night
- October 10th – School Closed | Indigenous People Day
- October 11th – October 11th – School Closed | BSA Staff Development
- Oct 12th – PSAT for 10th and 11th Grades, 9th and 12th Grades will attend a field trip.
- October 14th – College and Career Fair – Visit the link here!
Students and Families of the Class of 2023, please see the link here for IMPORTANT COLLEGE PREP DATES! Have any other questions for our College Counselor, Ms. Pena? Check out her fall calendar here or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Important BSA Updates:
We ended the week on a fantastic note! Today, 9/30 during 4th and 5th Period, BSA hosted our first Career Exploration Fair of the school year! A big thank you to Ms. Bellony, our wonderful Work Based Learning Coordinator for being instrumental in making this event come to fruition!
Our Goals of this fair were simple, we aimed to:
- Expose students to a variety of careers and jobs by connecting them with business partners
- Provide a realistic picture of the workplace
- Help students make the connection between school and the workplace
- Inform career/post-secondary planning
We believe we succeeded in reaching these goals as we had several career representatives join us today! Check out our Instagram linked here to take a peek!
- Working Paper applications are available to students in College Paths/Room 208 from Samantha Bellony. Students may also email Ms. Bellony at email@example.com for digital copies or if there are any questions.
- School Calendar
- BSA Bell Schedule
- Lockdown/Evacuation Information Video
- English Safety Flyer
- Spanish Safety Flyer
- October Menu
University Settlement, in partnership with NY Cares, will be offering FREE SAT Prep Classes to current 11th grade students!
When: Saturdays, October 15 – March 23, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Where: Ingersoll Community Center, 177 Myrtle Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
Important Info: In-Person Small Groups of 3-4 Students per Tutor & 3 Practice Exams Free SAT Textbook and Materials Provided MetroCards and Snacks Provided. See Ms. Harris for questions, concerns and help with your application. You can usually find her in Office 5 on the 4th floor, next door to the Nurse. Apply here : SAT Prep Application
What’s the best way to reach us? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (212) 453-0295. We can’t wait to hear from you!!!
Take a look at BSA’s Community Handbook Highlight of the week! Attendance Policy linked here.
For those that have not done so, it is critical that you provide the requested information in the link (in the Weekly Warrior Newsletter) to help us ensure the best care for your student in the unlikely event of emergency. If you are unable to access the link that was submitted in this week’s newsletter via ParentSquare, please reach out ASAP.
BSA will start making calls this week if we have not received your information.
BSA Students, if you have not been assigned a locker, please visit the 4th Floor Main Office either before or after school.
Please note, lockers will not be given out during class time.
Did you know? BSA has a Lottery preference for 9th grade applicants with any of the following:
- A sibling who currently attends BSA, A history of housing instability,
- A recipient of preventive services in the past or present,
- Has ever been in foster care, or
- Currently resides in Community School District 2 Questions about this! Reach out to Ms. Caraballo at Admissions@broomestreetacademy.org or at 929.285.3176