*Para el siguiente anuncio en español, haga clic aquí *
Dear Broome Street Academy Community,
I wanted to write to you today with an important update about educational services at Broome Street Academy.
As you may have heard by now the Department of Education is beginning to re-open high schools effective March 22. Broome Street Academy will also be reopening for hybrid in-person classes on Monday, April 19.
The next step will be that you will receive a call from the Broome Street Academy Operations team asking you if you wish to opt-in your student for in-person services. If you wish to keep your child fully remote you do not need to do anything, the remote schedule is remaining exactly the same. Broadly speaking services will be provided in the following set structure:
- Monday BSA will be open to freshmen
- Tuesday BSA will be open to sophomores
- Wednesday BSA will be open to juniors
- Thursday BSA will be open to seniors
- All students and staff will be screened daily for COVID-19
- All students and staff will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire before attending in person.
- All students are required to wear masks correctly the entire day at school.
- Students will not be passing in the halls for classes, instead they will be assigned a room, and teachers will cycle in for classes.
- The lunchroom is closed- students will have access to bag lunches as they exit the school building.
- The Door will be open and available for BSA student members to receive services such as the Adolescent Health Center.
Please join us this Thursday at 6:00pm for a Caregiver association meeting to learn more about our reopening plan.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support in this next critical phase of school operations.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Peralta for further details. He can be reached at email@example.com