Supervisor: Academic Dean(s)
Overview: The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development. We value a learning environment that fosters learning by developing students’ strengths and providing a safe and supportive setting. At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable and value-added citizens.
At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable and value-added citizens. The five pillars of PRIDE include: Professionalism, Resilience, Investment, Dignity, Empathy
What you will be doing:
• Teach 5 classes and/or the equivalent responsibilities; teach where needed regardless certification or training.
• Record proper attendance for every class assigned.
• Serve as an advisor to small group of students.
• Ensure students achieve goals set forth in SUNY Accountability Plan
• Develop NY State and Common Core Standards-aligned units and lessons.
• Attend all scheduled prep time with co-teachers/team members and all scheduled meetings.
• Update gradebook weekly
• Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students (especially those with ELL and IEP designations)
• Prepare students for all required assessments (including Regents, NWEA, PSAT, SAT)
• Participate in all required School professional development.
• Actively pursue certification and/or professional development
• Communicate regularly with caregivers.
• Maintain a welcoming and safe classroom environment.
• Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
• Maintain clean and clutter free room spaces for all students’ and teachers’ use.
What we are looking for:
● You have a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Education or Teaching.
● You have a CTE-certification
● If you have a dual certification in ELA 7-12 and a background in Accounting/Finance that is a plus!
● You are a hard worker, team player, and able to evaluate assessments.
● You have a familiarity with trauma informed practice.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
• You want to empower students
• 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• Life/LTD Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
• Summer vacations!
FT: 40 hrs./week, 10-month position paid over 12 months, summers off.
Salary is based on experience and credentials/certifications.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!