CAREGIVER NEWS & IMPORTANT UPDATES
BSA Community Weekly Updates: 03/03/2023
Follow us on Instagram to keep up with all BSA Happenings!!!
BSA will be closed on Monday, March 6th due to Staff Professional Development!
- BSA Girls Basketball Game | Away
- School Closed due to Professional Development
- Achieve 3000 Testing: ELA
- Q3 Interim (Electives)
- 10th Grade Global Field Trip to The Jewish Museum
- BSA Boys Varsity Basketball Game | Home – Senior Night
- Achieve 3000 Testing: ELA
- Senior Pictures Retake
- College Friday
- BSA Girls Basketball Game | Home
- Junior College Trip to Queens College
- NHS Field Trip
- NYC School Surveys are coming! Households that complete their surveys (Parents/Caregivers & Students) will be entered into a raffle drawing!
- Parent/Caregiver/Student Conferences are March 23rd (4:30-7:00 PM) & March 24th (1:30 – 4:30 PM) in-person at BSA! We are thrilled to welcome you all to our campus!!
- If you are interested in retaking your senior photo, please visit the link here. This will take place on Wednesday, March 9th!
- Please be sure to schedule a meeting with Ms. Peña to set up your CUNYFirst Accounts and Financial Aid Applications! The only way to get funding for college is to apply for it. Find out if aid can cover all of your tuition expenses! Contact Ms. Peña at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join Bridge to College! This 5-week program gives graduating SENIORS up to $250 to attend workshops to prepare for college. You will learn about time management, identifying your learning style, professional branding, money management, and more. If you’re interested, email Ms. Wheeler at Cwheeler@door.org to learn about eligibility.
- Senior Interest Form – have you filled this out? Filling out this form will help BSA’s Senior Team make your Senior experience as special and memorable as possible.
- ParentSquare/StudentSquare Group. All details regarding the events below will be found there! If you have not been added to this group and believe that you should, please email Ms. Kegans at email@example.com
- Yearbook Updates: Please be sure to email your baby photos and all your BSA Activity Photos (spirit week, sports, trips, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Planning Club: Thursdays after 8th period in room 211. Seniors, this is your time to share your thoughts, suggestions, and feedback to make your senior year the BEST it can be!!!!
- All senior questions, please contact Mr. Diaz email@example.comOpportunities for YOU, Warriors!
- Apply for the Work-Based Learning Spring Internship Program! Earn entry-level skills and gain paid work experience. Optimize your 2023 Spring Semester with resume-building opportunities and direct mentorship in developing transferable work and life skills. Students 14 – 15 years old are encouraged to apply, interns are selected by lottery. Submit your application by Monday, March 6th at 11:59 am to participate: Work Based Learning Spring Internship Application. Contact Ms. Bellony with all your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org/917.693.4984 or visit her in Room 208!
- BSA students can now apply to Broome Street Academy’s Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP): Applications can be started by scanning the SYEP QR code below or visit https://application.nycsyep.com/
SYEP is the nation’s largest youth employment program, connecting NYC youth with career exploration opportunities and paid work experience each summer. As a BSA student, you will have the opportunity to explore your interests and career pathways, develop workplace skills, and engage in learning experiences that help develop your social, civic, and leadership skills. Your SYEP experience will also include:
- BSA Students can apply online at: Application.nycsyep.com
- Career Exploration: Flex your research skills and discover new career possibilities.
- Paid Project-Based Learning: BSA students aged 14—15 learn about career opportunities and make a difference in their communities through paid project-based activities.
- Work Experiences: BSA students aged 16+ will improve their work readiness skills and explore career pathways through paid summer jobs in a variety of industries throughout NYC.
- Earn Money: Get paid to participate!
NOTE: Please select ‘CAREER READY’ once the option becomes available in your application. You will be asked to then select ‘The Door/BSA’ as your training provider. This will ensure BSA students receive their guaranteed slot and are not placed into a lottery system. Enrollment ends on 03/31.
For more information, please contact Mr. Lawrence at email@example.com
- CAREER EXPLORATION WEEK IS COMING!!! March 13th – MARCH 17th– Students from each grade can visit companies and non-profit offices coordinated by Ms. Bellony. Get an inside look at a day in the lives of professionals working at international and local companies. You may find your interests reflected in a role you had not considered before! Permission slips are due by Friday, 10 March. Contact Ms. Bellony at firstname.lastname@example.org/917.693.4984 or visit her in Room 208!
- Juniors – Post-Secondary Readiness at BSA is sponsoring a trip to Queens College on Friday, March 10th. Please be on the lookout for a permission slip and further details. Be sure to have your caregiver/parent submit a form if you plan to attend. **Please Note: All visitors to Queens College must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination and booster. Contact Carmelo Batista, College Advisor, with questions or concerns at (646)-354-2935 or email@example.com
Resources and Reminders:
- Have you checked out BSA’s Breakfast and Lunch Menus for March2023, yet? Click the link here!
- Door Membership: Students, click the link here to get started with your membership (if you have not done so already)! The Door Membership Team will be coming by your Advisory Classes next week!
- BSA’s Bell Schedule:
Need to Contact BSA? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (212) 453-0295.