Overview: The Broome Street Academy Charter High School (“BSA”) will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development.
Broome Street Academy values:
- Partnership with Caregivers
- Growth Mindset
- Collegial feedback
- Relevant, standards-based curriculum
- Data-Driven Instruction
- Cultural Responsiveness
The Data and Evaluation Manager will formulate and ultimately answer key analytical questions that will help the school evaluate the success of its model. The Manager will be well-versed in data systems but will also possess the skills to identify and refine key data points, to propose strategies to overcome any obstacles to data collection. This position will play an important role in reporting and overall accountability to the board, the school’s authorizer and other public and private stakeholders.
- Guide BSA on identifying the data points needed for collection in order to evaluate the school based on its accountability plan
- Discretely and professionally manage, organize and present password protected, sensitive and confidential staff and student data for state reporting while following all mandated guidelines related to data protection (FERPA, HIPPA etc.)
- Serve as an advisory expert in student information systems including PowerSchool, School Mint, and ATS
- Gather, analyze and evaluate school data using existing student information systems and assist the instructional team with creating a data-driven instructional environment
- Evaluate data and prepare annual reports for the State University of New York, The New York State Education Department and the New York City Department of Education
- Create a performance dashboard which is updated monthly for the meetings of the Board of Trustees
- Oversee data entry and assist with data audits
- Participate in management, departmental and committee meetings as requested.
- Assist with identifying data issues that cross departments and necessitate common resolution.
- Integrate data and systematize across multiple platforms
- Complete other relevant assignments as required by Director of Operations or Head of School
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master ’s degree in Social Sciences, Education or a related field with emphasis on program evaluation and data analysis strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with data analysis and relational databases
- Experience with PowerSchool or other student information management systems a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel skills (such as Vlookup, pivot tables, graphing, Macros, etc.) and the ability to learn new software required
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Deep knowledge of charter school accountability and a track record of progressive responsibility in a school setting are highly preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY