How to Become a Member of the BSA Community
As a tuition-free public charter high school, Broome Street Academy is devoted to providing its students with the necessary skills and support to achieve post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We are located in Community School District 2, but accept applications from students throughout the New York City.
BSA 9th Grade Lottery
Admission into the 9th grade at Broome Street Academy is conducted through a Lottery system. Students are eligible for the 9th Grade Lottery if they are a first-time 9th grade student and have never been enrolled in high school. Students can apply online by clicking on the BSA Online Application link, or by downloading the paper application using one of the links below:
Paper applications can be submitted via fax to 212-966-7253 or scanned via e-mail to Ms. Ruth D. Caraballo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who apply after the Lottery deadline will be placed on the Wait List and contacted in the order in which their application was received. BSA gives preference in the Lottery to students who fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Has a sibling currently attending BSA
- Is currently homeless or transitionally housed
- Has ever received any sort of preventive services
- Has ever been in foster care
- Has attended an underperforming junior high school
- Resides in Community School District 2
Contact Ms. Caraballo at (929) 285-3176 or email@example.com with any questions regarding the application process.
Students can apply online by clicking on the BSA Online Application link, or by downloading the paper application using one of the links below:
Paper applications can be submitted via fax to 212-966-7253 or scanned via e-mail to Ms. Ruth D. Caraballo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Ms. Caraballo at (929) 285-3176 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the Transfer Student admissions process.
If you have been already accepted into the school, congratulations! Please fill out and return the enrollment packet within two weeks of acceptance. If families miss the deadline to submit the Enrollment Packet, the student will be placed on the Wait List and their seat will be offered to another student.
The following documents must be included in order for an Enrollment Packet to be complete:
- The student’s birth certificate
- The students final 8th grade report card (Lottery students) or transcript (Transfer Students)
- A proof of residency (utility bill, lease agreement, bank statement, valid NYS license or ID)
- An updated physical and the student’s immunization records
- The student’s Individualized Education Plan (if applicable)
You can schedule an enrollment appointment by contacting Ms. Caraballo at (929) 285-3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org