Broome Street Academy Charter High School will empower our students to reach their highest aspirations for post-secondary success. Our equitable, holistic and student-centered approach will provide students with access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum that will equip our graduates with the skills they need to make a positive impact on their communities and the broader world.
Broome Street Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school devoted to providing students the necessary skills and support to graduate prepared for a successful future beyond high school. Our admissions policy gives preference to siblings and students who are homeless, in foster care, or from low performing schools. A Broome Street Academy graduate will possess the 21st-century knowledge, collaborative and technological skills and personal qualities that will enable them to contribute to their community and pursue their educational and professional goals.
Broome Street Academy values:
- Partnership with Caregivers
- Growth Mindset
- Collegial feedback
- Relevant, standards-based curriculum
- Data-Driven instruction
- Cultural Responsiveness
- Welcomes visitors to the school and supports all front desk activities on the 4th floor.
- Ensure all incoming calls are answered in a professional, courteous manner and messages are followed up with appropriately.
- Assist Ops Team with reception, including mail distribution, copying, correspondence, mass mailings, filing of invoices and updating trackers as needed.
- Issue student metro cards as needed.
- Maintain supplies in teacher lounge including coffee.
- Maintain supplies inventory and submit replenishment requests to Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Receive & distribute incoming supplies orders, all mail and ensure packing slips are verified
- Assist in organizing school events, sign-in sheets and/or materials needed for event.
- Provide coverage within operations department as needed
- Performs any and all other tasks as assigned by Ops Team and Senior Director of Operations.
- Participates in Operations team meetings.
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, 1-2 years of clerical experience required
- Excellent written and oral skills required
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Office) required
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills
- Spanish speaker preferred, but not required
- High energy and willingness to work in a fast paced, results driven school environment
- Strong appreciation for high school aged teens and the many personalities they bring to school each day!
FTE: 40 hrs/Week
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.