Supervisor: Senior Director of Operations
Overview: Broome Street Academy Charter High School will empower our students to reach their highest aspirations for post-secondary success. Our equitable, holistic, and student-centered approach will provide students with access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum that will equip our graduates with the skills they need to make a positive impact on their communities and the broader world.
Broome Street Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school devoted to providing students the necessary skills and support to graduate prepared for a successful future beyond high school. Our admissions policy gives preference to siblings and students who are homeless, in foster care, or from low performing schools, though all students are welcome to apply. A Broome Street Academy graduate will possess the 21st-century knowledge, collaborative and technological skills and personal qualities that will enable them to contribute to their community and pursue their educational and professional goals.
At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable, and value-added citizens.
The five pillars of PRIDE include: Professionalism, Resilience, Investment, Dignity, Empathy
Broome Street Academy values:
- Student Voice
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Academic rigor (including challenging curriculum and AP courses)
- Caregiver involvement
- A safe, supportive school environment
- Development of and respect for community partnerships
- Healthy social and emotional relationships.
- Greet all visitors and control access to the school, school administration, and instructional teams, setting the tone for the school’s warm and professional culture.
- Receives external/internal calls and directs them accordingly.
- Supports school record keeping system and specifically student records (including enrollment, registration letters, transcripts, immunization records, etc.)
- Supports student recruiting, collecting applications and enrollment under the guidance of the Director of
- Supports all filing for student records, assessment records, etc.
- Maintains a system of confidentiality in records access.
- Use PowerSchool and ATS to maintain and update all caregiver contact/demographic information.
- Supports the McKinney-Vento Liaison in identifying students and families receive the support needed.
- Supports student MetroCard inventory, assign new cards, and replenish stock as necessary.
- Organize and execute student locker system (including maintenance of combinations)
- Breakfast and lunch counts for the school
- Receive and open packages to confirm contents.
- Summer support in ensuring the school/classrooms are ready for the first day of school.
- Assists with event set up and planning.
- Performs other projects assigned by the Senior Director of Operations
- Serve as a liaison between the Academy and BSA caregivers to support community involvement under direction of the Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Manage school calendar of events and serve as liaison with the Door Calendar.
- Manage mass communications with caregivers (emails, text, robo calls, etc.)
- Associates Degree in a related field required, Bachelors Degree a plus
- Strong bilingual (English and Spanish) background required; ability to translate documents required.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in similar role
- Experience working in a school setting, Charter School preferred
- Knowledge of ATS/PowerSchool preferred but not required.
- Excellent written (must be able to produce professionally structured emails) and oral skills required.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and work independently.
- Advanced computer skills (especially MS Office) required
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of the principles of youth development.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be high energy with a calm professional demeanor when necessary, along with a sense of humor and willingness to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Must be able to successfully pass fingerprint clearance as required to work in a public school.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You want to empower students
- 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Life/LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- Summer vacations!
Hours: 40 hrs./Week
Salary: Commensurate based on experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!