Supervisor: Senior Director of Operations
Overview: Broome Street Academy Charter High School will empower our students to reach their highest aspirations for post-secondary success. Our equitable, holistic and student-centered approach will provide students with access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum that will equip our graduates with the skills they need to make a positive impact on their communities and the broader world.
Broome Street Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school devoted to providing students the necessary skills and support to graduate prepared for a successful future beyond high school. Our admissions policy gives preference to siblings and students who are homeless, in foster care, or from low performing schools, though all students are welcome to apply. A Broome Street Academy graduate will possess the 21st-century knowledge, collaborative and technological skills and personal qualities that will enable them to contribute to their community and pursue their educational and professional goals.
At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable and value-added citizens.
The five pillars of PRIDE include: Professionalism, Resilience, Investment, Dignity, Empathy
Broome Street Academy values:
- Student Voice
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Academic rigor (including challenging curriculum and AP courses)
- Caregiver involvement
- A safe, supportive school environment
- Development of and respect for community partnerships
- Healthy social and emotional relationships.
Broome Street Academy is looking for an energetic and candid Operations & Project Coordinator to support Operations initiatives at the school as we embark on the first year of our five-year renewal. This person must have the hard skills of someone able to create an appealing flier, a quick mail merge or project tracker spreadsheet using Microsoft Office 365 or Google Suite. And the soft skills of being able to talk to a caregiver, student or a colleague with the same respect you would a Board member. This person is a quick learner, happy to work independently or closely with diverse colleagues, and highly detail oriented. Projects will never be dropped or forgotten with this person’s support!
- Special Projects:
- Coordinate, organize, and monitor special and standard/recurring operations projects under the direction of the Senior Director of Operations.
- Support the creation and development of internal policies and procedures by taking meeting notes and drafting memos.
- Calendar and meeting coordination using Outlook, Zoom and other scheduling tools to bridge operations and academic departments.
- Support partnership efforts and programming with The Door.
- Administrative Support:
- General administrative support including using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and Google Suite.
- Take meeting notes for internal team meetings in Microsoft Office Word or Google Docs and distribute via email as needed.
- Maintain agendas for meetings and other recurring meetings.
- Provide recruitment and outreach materials drafts and support to the Director of Admissions as needed.
- Manage schoolwide calendars and Outlook calendars of senior leadership.
- Support Zoom administration
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations.
- School Community:
- Support school activities during and after school including caregiver conference nights, fundraisers, cultural events, celebrations (prom, senior night, award ceremonies, etc.).
- Participate on call teams and other support family outreach efforts using PowerSchool and other tools.
- Support file maintenance efforts.
- Cover front desk and participate in lunch duty assignments as scheduled.
- High School Diploma, GED/HSE required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 2+ years of administrative experience in a non-profit or academic environment with 50 or more staff preferred.
- Excellent written and oral skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 – Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, Teams required, significant knowledge of Excel and Google Workspace for Education required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must have a calm professional demeanor when necessary, along with a sense of humor and willingness to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Must be able to take direction, as well as work independently.
- Must be able to successfully pass fingerprint clearance as required to work in a public school.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You want to empower students
- 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Life/LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- Summer vacations!
FTE: 40 hrs/Week
Salary: Commensurate based on experience, plus a generous benefits package
Contact: Please submit your cover letter and resume to APPLY!