The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development. We value a learning environment that fosters learning by developing students’ strengths and providing a safe and supportive setting.
Broome Street Academy values:
- Student Voice
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Academic rigor (including challenging curriculum and AP courses)
- Caregiver involvement
- A safe, supportive school environment
- Development of and respect for community partnerships
- Healthy social and emotional relationships.
- Teach 5 classes and/or the equivalent responsibilities; teach where needed regardless certification or training.
- Record proper attendance for every class assigned.
- Serve as an advisor to small group of students.
- Ensure students achieve goals set forth in SUNY Accountability Plan
- Develop NY State and Common Core Standards-aligned units and lessons.
- Attend all scheduled prep time with co-teachers/team members and all scheduled meetings.
- Update gradebook weekly
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students (especially those with ELL and IEP designations)
- Participate in all required School professional development.
- Actively pursue certification and/or professional development
- Communicate regularly with caregivers.
- Maintain a welcoming and safe classroom environment.
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain clean and clutter free room spaces for all students’ and teachers’ use
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree in Education or Teaching preferred Demonstrated expertise in subject area as shown by significant undergraduate or graduate coursework in content area or teaching certification.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate assessments.
- Familiarity with trauma informed practice.
- Effective work ethic as a team member
FT: 40 hrs./week, 10-month position paid over 12 months, summers off.
Salary is based on experience and credentials/certifications
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.