Report to: Senior Director of Operations
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hours a week, 12-month position
Broome Street Academy Charter High School will empower our students to reach their highest aspirations for post-secondary success. Our equitable, holistic, and student-centered approach will provide students with access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum that will equip our graduates with the skills they need to make a positive impact on their communities and the broader world.
Broome Street Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school devoted to providing students the necessary skills and support to graduate prepared for a successful future beyond high school. Our admissions policy gives preference to siblings and students who are homeless, in foster care, or from low performing schools, though all students are welcome to apply. A Broome Street Academy graduate will possess the 21st-century knowledge, collaborative and technological skills and personal qualities that will enable them to contribute to their community and pursue their educational and professional goals.
At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable and value-added citizens. The five pillars of PRIDE include:
Professionalism, Resilience, Investment, Dignity, Empathy
Broome Street Academy values:
- Student Voice
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Academic rigor (including challenging curriculum and AP courses)
- Caregiver involvement
- A safe, supportive school environment
- Development of and respect for community partnerships
- Healthy social and emotional relationships.
Broome Street Academy Charter High School has designed a comprehensive student recruitment and marketing plan that will be a great blueprint for an eager, enthusiastic, outgoing, people-person. We are looking for a self-starter who can work well independently and as part of the Ops Team, while also being directly supervised by a Senior Director of Operations who believes in creative solutions to recruiting and retaining students, attention to detail, and data driven decision making. The role of Recruitment, Enrollment and Admissions Counselor is an essential part of the Operations Team and entire school community because they must showcase BSA and help get students into our high-demand seats!
What you will do:
- Implement and update as needed our comprehensive strategic plan of admissions of new students.
- Perform outreach to middle schools and outside agencies for recruitment of possible transfer students looking for BSA’s unique experience.
- Coordinates the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Ensure systematic and efficient handling of applications and related communication with caregivers and maintain impeccable enrollment records.
- Develop a recruitment budget to include marketing materials, ads, mailings, web presence and publications that showcases the school to prospective students and other constituents.
- Quickly learn the mission, values, program structure and of BSA and be able to articulate who we are to prospective families, diverse audiences, and other stakeholders.
- Evaluate the efficacy of recruitment and marketing efforts and makes changes to the program as needed.
- Partner with the School Data Manager on recruitment heat maps, tracking of retention and enrollment data, etc.
- Plan and leads in-person and online open houses and information sessions. Create virtual information sessions and tours.
- Attend networking events for recruiters and represents the school at various gatherings and conferences related to admissions.
- Perform other duties assigned as a member of the BSA community and Operations Team (i.e. lunch duty, event set up and participation, attend caregiver conferences and meetings, etc.)
Who you are:
- Positive person with high energy and willing to jump in, learn and grow as a professional.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills (ability to draft professional letters to families and outside agencies, write copy for ads and marketing materials, conduct PowerPoint presentations for adults).
- Proud of your effective time management skills and attention to detail.
- Believes in and models the mission and values of Broome Street Academy
- Works collaboratively, knows when to ask for help from your Team and colleagues, and how to deploy it.
- Excellent at maintaining effective communication and rapport with students, staff, and caregivers
- Understands social media is vital to modern outreach and constituent engagement.
- A friendly, engaging, outgoing and professional demeanor is required.
- Some college, bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong sense of customer service and knowledge of traditional and untraditional marketing strategies required.
- Ability to work effectively with adolescents, families, professionals, and other personnel from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Comfort operating in urban high school, non-profit and institutional settings.
- Experience working with adolescents and caregivers preferred.
- Experience in a Charter School setting preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Outlook required. Google Workspace knowledge preferred.
- Extreme comfort with using, testing and piloting new technology in video tours and online meetings strongly preferred.
Salary: Dependent on experience and overall qualifications
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to: APPLY
COVID -19 POLICY
The Door and Broome Street Academy follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Door and Broome Street Academy are now requiring all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.