The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development. We value a learning environment that fosters learning by developing students’ strengths and providing a safe and supportive setting.
As the School Community Aide, you support student learning and instruction by teaming with the Deans of Students to uphold the Student Code of Conduct. You help create a calm and supportive tone in the school by ensuring consistency in daily operations. You help students to internalize and practice the school’s mission and values. You support the faculty by taking initiative to support Deans as they address behavior problems and empower students in positive engagement strategies. You also support the community in the supervision of students. Retired and honorable discharged veterans and law enforcement are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Model school expectations for students and staff
- Uphold the BSA Student Code of Conduct
- Ensure that all students are in their assigned classes by performing hallway checks
- Implement and follow policies and procedures for behavior violations as directed by the Dean(s) of Students
- Collaborate with The Door to maintain a safe community during and after school
- Assist in the supervision of arrival, lunch, and dismissal
- Contribute to a positive and productive tone while students transition in hallways
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
What We Are Looking For:
- You have at least an Associate’s degree.
- You have 1+ years of experience working in an urban school.
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with students, families, and teachers
- Ability to remain calm and supportive during conflict
- Relentless commitment to the academic success of all students
- You thrive in a fast- paced environment.
- A flexible thinker willing to do “whatever it takes”
- You are technologically savvy with fluency in Microsoft Office
- A plus if you are bilingual in English and Spanish.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You want to empower students.
- 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Life/LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
FT: 40 hrs./week
Salary is up to $35,000 annually and position is non-exempt
Submit cover letter and resume to Apply
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.