The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development. We value a learning environment that fosters learning by developing students’ strengths and providing a safe and supportive setting.
As the School Data Manager, you will formulate and ultimately answer key analytical questions that will help the school evaluate the success of its students and program. You are well-versed in data systems but will also possess the skills to identify and refine key data points, and to propose strategies to overcome any obstacles to data collection. You are an important role in reporting and overall accountability to the board, the school’s authorizer and other public and private stakeholders. You are outgoing, excited about our mission and possess a positive can-do attitude.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identify the data points needed for collection in order to evaluate the school based on its accountability plan
- Discretely and professionally manage, organize and present password-protected, sensitive and confidential staff and student data for state reporting while following all mandated guidelines related to data protection
- Serve as an advisory expert in student information systems including PowerSchool, School Mint, and ATS
- Gather, analyze and evaluate school data using student information systems and assist the instructional team with creating a data-driven instructional environment
- Evaluate data and prepare annual reports for the State University of New York, The New York State Education Department and the
- New York City Department of Education
- Create a performance dashboard for the meetings with the Board of Trustees
- Oversee data entry and assist with data audits.
- Participate in management, departmental and committee meetings
- Assist with identifying data issues that cross departments and necessitate common resolution
- Integrate data and systematize across multiple platforms
- Take the lead on faculty, student, and family surveys using Panorama and Google Forms
- Create, document, and follow best practices for data tracking, analysis, and reporting
- Support NYCDOE Per Pupil invoicing process and annual reconciliation
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education or a related field with emphasis on program evaluation and data analysis.
- You have 3+ years of experience with data analysis and relational databases.
- Experience with PowerSchool or other student information management systems required
- You are technologically savvy with Microsoft Office 365 Suite including advanced Excel skills; Google Suite and the ability to learn new software required.
- You know communication is key.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a friendly and collegial operations team.
- A plus if you have a knowledge of charter school accountability and a track record of progressive responsibility in a charter school setting.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You want to empower students
- 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Life/LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
FTE: 40 hrs/Week
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.