The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development. We value a learning environment that fosters learning by developing students’ strengths and providing a safe and supportive setting. At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable and value-added citizens. The five pillars of PRIDE include: Professionalism, Resilience, Investment, Dignity, Empath
As the Teacher, you will teach plan and provide an engaging and appropriate learning environment for a diverse group of learners.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Teach 5 classes and/or the equivalent responsibilities; teach where needed regardless of certification or training.
- Record proper attendance for every class assigned.
- Serve as an advisor to small group of students.
- Ensure students achieve goals set forth in SUNY Accountability Plan
- Develop NY State and Common Core Standards-aligned units and lessons.
- Attend all scheduled prep time with co-teachers/team members and all scheduled meetings.
- Update gradebook weekly
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students (especially those with ELL and IEP designations)
- Prepare students for all required assessments (Regents, NWEA, PSAT, SAT)
- Participate in all required School professional development.
- Actively pursue certification and/or professional development
- Communicate with caregivers.
- Maintain a welcoming and safe classroom environment.
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain clean and clutter-free room
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree. A plus if you have a Master’s degree in Education or Teaching.
- You are an expert and enthusiast in subject area as shown by significant undergraduate or graduate coursework in content area or teaching certification
- A huge plus if you have dual-certification and/or experience with Special Education
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate assessments.
- Familiarity with trauma informed practice.
- Effective work ethic as a team member
- You have a knack for engaging youth and the ability to apply positive youth development practices
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team:
- You want to empower students
- 403(b) Pension Plan through Mutual of America
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Life/LTD Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Pre- Tax Commuter Program
- Summer vacations!
FT: 40 hrs./week, 10-month position paid over 12 months, summers off.
Salary is based on experience and credentials/certifications.
Please submit cover letter and resume to APPLY