*Para el siguiente en español, haga clic aquí *
Dear Broome Street Academy,
It is my sincere hope that you and your family are staying safe and finding a way to enjoy this summer despite all the challenges we’ve faced as a community this year.
This summer has been a productive one for BSA: 50 freshmen are participating in our summer bridge program; 140 students are participating in BSA summer school; and another 80 students have been participating in The Door’s Summer Youth Employment Program.
As you know, over the last several months, our team has been considering what school will look like in the coming year. We’re grateful for the feedback you’ve shared about what will work best for your children, and for the support you’ve offered as we navigate some tough decisions. On Friday, Broome Street Academy responded to the Department of Health’s request for information about our reopening plan for the coming semester, and I am writing to share with you some key information about how we plan to operate:
- On Thursday, September 10, BSA will start the year remotely, with all instruction taking place virtually.
- On Monday, October 5, we plan to begin giving BSA students the option to come to our school building to receive in-person instruction one day per week.
- The exact date when BSA will return to this level of in-person instruction is subject to change based upon updated health guidance. We nevertheless wanted to let you know our current thinking.
- This year, BSA students will be able to access more weekly live lessons with teachers over Zoom.
- In addition to Edgenuity, BSA will be offering additional technological learning solutions this year.
Please review our detailed plan for the fall semester online at broomestreetacademy.org.
We will be holding a Zoom call to hear from families with any questions they have about our plan early next week. Please expect an invite from Mr. Peralta shortly.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Melissa H. Silberman
Head of School
Click here to see a summary of Key Points on BSA Reopening Plan